Deposit Operations Specialist job description
Job Title: Deposit Operations Specialist
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Reports To: Deposit Operations Manager
We are looking to add a new member to the Malvern Bank Team! If you are interested in joining a company with a passion for community development and who treats their employees like family, then we want to hear from you. To apply: email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Deposit Operations Specialist is the face of our company. To succeed in this role, a candidate must provide exceptional customer service and maintain their professional composure. The candidate must be comfortable with their communication abilities, have strong math aptitude skills, and use their best judgement daily. This position is full-time, and comes with great benefits such as: PTO, paid holidays, health insurance offerings, 401(k), and so much more!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Banking or related experience or training preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Receives and processes deposits, checks, payments and other transactions in an accurate manner according to policies and procedures.
- Issues Bank Drafts and Cashier’s Checks.
- Takes customer phone calls for various deposit-related products and accesses the appropriate software systems in order to assist customers.
- Maintains educational and professional expertise through attendance at job-related seminars, conferences, and workshops.
- Orders customer checks and debit cards.
- Orders duplicate keys for safe deposit boxes.
- Rolls/bags change; verify bagged coins and mutilated money.
- Assists customers and non-customers with cash advances from POS terminal.
- Promotes and explains the bank’s products and services to all customers and prospects.
- Performs balancing procedures of cash drawer. Compares total amount to computer-generated proof sheet and reports any differences to the supervisor for reconciliation.
- Understands and follows procedures in case of robbery or other emergencies.
- Understands and follows procedures related to the banks BSA Policy.
- Ensures teller stations are properly stocked with forms and supplies.
- Models Malvern Bank’s Mission and Core Values daily.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Active Learning Skills
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Judgement and Decision-Making Ability
- Math Aptitude: Economics and Accounting Skills
- Good Time Management Skills
- Filing and Organizational Skills
- Budgeting Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Keyboard, Printer, and Microsoft Office Literacy
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
The hours for this position are as follows:
M-F: 8:00-4:30 with an hour lunch
Friday Night and Saturday Morning Rotation Required
- Competitive Base Compensation
- Opportunity for Bonus Compensation
- Three Weeks PTO for First-Year Employees
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Health Insurance Offerings
- HSA Contributions
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Excellent Company Culture
- 401(k) Plan
OUR MISSION AND CORE VALUES
The MB Mission: To build community by supporting education, innovation, and growth while delivering a banking experience that is both authentic and individualized.
Our Core Values:
- We are an education bank.
- We believe in innovation and investment in the future.
- We build community to develop and sustain businesses.
- We believe in a fun and creative team culture, while retaining good people.
- We care about our customers and want to continue to grow raving fans of our business.
TO APPLY for this role, please email your resume to email@example.com.