Deposit Operations Specialist Job Description
Provides exceptional customer service including efficient and accurate bank transactions by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives and processes deposits, checks, payments and other transactions in an accurate manner according to policies and procedures.
- Issues bank Drafts and Cashier’s Checks.
- Takes customer phone calls for the various deposit related products and accesses the appropriate software systems in order to assist customers (Shazam, Premier, Bill Pay, Online Banking, Mobile Banking, TransferNow, etc.).
- Orders customer checks and debit cards.
- Orders duplicate keys for safe deposit boxes.
- Rolls/bags change; verify bagged coins to send to First National.
- Verifies mutilated money to send to First National.
- Assists customers/noncustomers with cash advances from POS terminal.
- Promotes and sells the banks products and services to all customers and prospects (checking, savings, MMDA, CDs, ID TheftSmart, etc.).
- Performs nightly balancing procedures of cash drawer, compares total amount to computer generated proof sheet and reports any differences to the Head Teller for reconciliation.
- Understands and follows procedures in case of robbery or other emergency.
- Understands and follows procedures related to the banks BSA Policy.
- Ensures teller stations are properly stocked with forms, supplies, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain educational and professional expertise through attendance at job related seminars, conferences and workshops.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or less than one year related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have the ability to operate PC and printer, copy and fax machines and telephone.
- Must have good working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software programs. Advanced PC required.
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Customer Relations
- Customer Service
- Math Aptitude
- Computer Literacy
- Keyboard Skills
- Time Management
- Organizational skills
- Budgeting skills
- Ability to plan
- Problem solving skills
KEY CONTACTS—Internal and External
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Valid driver’s license.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Change counter
- Coin wrapper
Send your resume to email@example.com